The decision by Playstation to cancel ‘so many games’ in 2023 has left gamers and industry experts perplexed. However, the company has cited various reasons behind this move.
One of the main reasons is the changing gaming landscape and market trends, which require a different approach to game development and distribution.
Another reason is the need to focus on quality over quantity, with Playstation prioritizing a smaller number of games that are more innovative, engaging, and offer high-quality gameplay experiences. Show Source Texts
Additionally, Playstation has also stated that they want to streamline their portfolio, focusing on games that align with their corporate values and long-term goals.
This means that some projects may not fit into these categories, leading to their cancellation. The company has assured fans that they will continue to deliver exciting new games while also investing in existing franchises.
Overall, while it may be disappointing for fans of cancelled titles, Playstation’s decision is ultimately driven by a desire to stay competitive in a rapidly evolving industry while also delivering high-quality gaming experiences for players around the world.The recent news of PlayStation cancelling ‘so many games’ in 2023 has left the gaming community and developers in shock. Show Source Texts
The impact of these cancellations is significant, as it means that developers who have been working on these projects for months or even years are now out of work. This can be especially devastating for smaller studios who rely on these projects to stay afloat. Gamers are also affected by these cancellations, as they were eagerly anticipating the release of these games. Show Source Texts
Some may have even pre-ordered or invested money into the development process through crowdfunding campaigns.
See more here
The loss of these anticipated titles can leave fans feeling frustrated and disappointed. Furthermore, this decision by PlayStation raises questions about the future of game development and publishing. If major companies like continue to cancel projects mid-development, it could deter smaller studios from taking risks on new ideas and ultimately stifle innovation within the industry. Show Source Texts
Overall, the impact of PlayStation’s cancellations on both developers and gamers is significant and raises concerns about the future direction of game development.The recent announcement by Sony PlayStation cancelling a number of games set to release in 2023 has left gamers disappointed and curious about the potential success of these cancelled games. While Sony has not revealed the exact list of cancelled games, speculations suggest that some highly anticipated titles such as “The Last of Us Part III” and “Horizon Zero Dawn 2” might be among them. Show Source Texts
“The Last of Us Part II” was a huge success for PlayStation, selling over 4 million copies in its first weekend. The expectations for its sequel were sky-high, and the cancellation has left many fans wondering what went wrong. Similarly, “Horizon Zero Dawn” was critically acclaimed and sold over 10 million copies worldwide. Its sequel, “Horizon Zero Dawn 2”, was expected to break records as well. Show Source Texts
Overall, it seems that these cancelled games had great potential for success and their cancellation is a huge loss for both gamers and Sony PlayStation. It remains to be seen what impact this decision will have on the gaming industry in the long run.The cancellation of ‘so many games’ in 2023 has raised questions about the future plans for PlayStation’s game releases and strategy. Show Source Texts
- https://www.sidequesting.com/2023/03/e3-2023-is-cancelled-what-this-means-for-the-gaming-industry/ 0
- https://www.geekwire.com/2022/gaming-in-2023-what-to-expect-from-microsoft-sony-amazon-valve-nintendo-and-others/ 1
- https://nordot.app/1023930836194181120 2
- https://www.gamesindustry.biz/analysts-offer-predictions-for-2023-in-games 3
- https://www.mckinsey.com/industries/technology-media-and-telecommunications/our-insights/the-netflix-of-gaming-why-subscription-video-game-services-face-an-uphill-battle 4
- https://stealthoptional.com/news/sony-loves-cancelling-playstation-games-reveals-yoshida/ 5
- https://www.gadgets360.com/games/news/e3-2023-cancelled-video-game-electronic-entertainment-expo-playstation-xbox-nintendo-3908151 6
- https://kotaku.com/sony-playstation-cancel-many-games-yoshida-sie-ps5-1850374654 7
- https://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-battlefront-3-was-canceled-2-yards-from-the-finish-line-dev-says/1100-6513342/ 8
- https://gamerant.com/ps5-game-release-dates/ 9
- https://www.mugglenet.com/2023/01/hogwarts-legacy-preorders-being-canceled-on-some-platforms/ 10
- https://www.activision.com/ 11
- https://time.com/6235588/best-video-games-2022/ 12
- https://www.eurogamer.net/e3-2023-cancelled 13
- https://www.protocol.com/newsletters/entertainment/sony-playstation-pc-mobile-future 14
- https://www.businessinsider.com/playstation-not-attending-pax-east-due-to-coronavirus-2020-2 15
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Vita 16
- https://www.techspot.com/news/98463-former-playstation-president-forced-cancel-many-games.html 17
- https://thenerdstash.com/playstation-showcase-2023-rumored-for-june-8/ 18